Can you really get Cheap fashion?







So its currently half one in the morning, yes any normally sane person would be asleep right now if they had to be up at seven, but no not me. For some reason I cannot sleep, I am a bag of nerves for my upcoming interviews for university and I have so many thoughts and ideas whizzing around my tiny little brain wanting to come out. Then I see my phone flashing, who would text me at this time? might you ask, well your wrong, its an email..... and Its Topshop. WHY OH WHY when I'm totally and utterly skint do i always seem to get more emails regarding new upcoming fashion trends (and give me false hope that i am quite popular at this time) and the latest sales. So I started to think whether i could find a cheaper alternative to high street fashion, with the same lasting time  and durability just a cheaper price tag.

I'm an avid twitter goer, and the majority of places that follow me are either fashion wannabes like me or more clothes store trying to advertise and tease me to go buy their brand new ranges. I found one website called Miss Rebel.

Instantly I was drawn to the main taglines "Dress For Less" "Clearance Sale" and the reasonably low prices I had been hoping for. Though sometimes when you do stumble upon these websites you start to worry about the conditions of the clothes, whether they really are properly made items with good strong material as they use in Topshop, or are they like those endless Primark tops I've brought that have shrunk after the first wash (waste of four pound). Well Ive brought both a top and a dress from here and can conform they are still in the same condition that I first brought them, minus the curry stain and hole in the seam (I may of had a few wines). The further more i browse into the site the more i see they are realising whats going on with fashion with there patterned dresses and leggings, leopard prints and quilted jackets, to there Cheryl Cole like top to name but a few. But like any reasonably cheap clothes store you can expect the odd "unique" items, that lets say looks like they have been on "Snog Marry And Avoid" numerous times and still want to look that "Trashy".


 Quilted Jacket In Cream £17.99
 Geometric Pleat Print Dress £9.99 An absolute bargain!
 Fairisle Knitted Leggings £4.99 Such an amazing buy and so on trend right now. The person that thought of knitted leggings is god to me! My legs have never been warmer in this cold English weather.
 Lace Corset Dress £19.99, I can honestly think of better things to spend my money on. The whole design and concept is awful. Corsets and outfits like this should be left in the bedroom in my opinion, as i feel as though people show off in corsets as it enhances one (well two features).
Danielle Brooche Dress In Red £14.99 This is one of those dresses, although looks more like a top to me with the length on this, that sums up those more cheaper clothing shops. As there's no class to the outfit and seems to show off both the cleavage and leg, where is the dignity?!

  Like anyone I love to Google something if I have no idea what the answer is or if I generally just have no clue about it at all. So i decided to Google "Cheap Womens Fashion" to see what results I would get and if they would vary from the mainstream shops such as Topshop. Instantly I got 7,220,000 hits, so just a few really, but these included stores such as: Boohoo, Miss Guided, Miss Rebel, Peacocks, Matalan and Asos to name but a few.

Though one website caught my eye it was called "Next2nowt" instantly I thought it sounded strange and a bit like the clothes were gonna be either you like them or don't... I was right.
http://next2nowt.com/ 

Its a very plain and boring website, and I didn't feel safe on it at all. Normally you expect bold colour with models on the page with the latest fashion on and any deals going on, but here no. Instead you randomly get the breaking news on whats going on round the world, (which don't get me wrong is good, but no ones going to notice it when your so involved in your shopping) and a very plain layout which didn't attract me at all, instead it bored me. Also the clothes were very very cheap and its as though you pay for what you get obviously, but everything is out of date on the website which didn't suprise me.

Im one of them girls that like to stick to certain shops and find it hard to shop anywhere else as I dont like change. I always shop in Topshop, RIver Island, Minnies Boutique, H&M and Ebay, but like anyone else I love a bargain!

Personally when I'm shopping i like to see if i can find an almost identical item for a cheaper price, obviously as I'm a student. So i find myself going onto websites such as Boohoo And Miss Guided as there is always something along the same lines as the high street chains. At the moment pastel colour's are HUGE right now, so Ive done my own little hunt for you to show you that shopping around at cheaper prices can save you a few pounds and still have the same quality.
Boohoo Jeans Around £20
 Topshop Skinny Leg Jeans £38
Boohoo Tiger Printed Top
 Topshop Lion Vest £18
 Miss Guided Top £14.99
Miss Guided Over sized Top £8.99
 Miss Guided Lion Top £9.99
 Boohoo Blouse Around £16-20
 Miss Guided Top £16.99
 Topshop Aztec Print top £25
Boohoo Aztec T shirt Around £6-8
 Boohoo Aztec Print Top Around £6-8


Topshop Printed Top £22

So as your can tell its worth shopping around as you can see how cheap you can get things for and still get them similar to your high street loves, the only downside is its not from "Topshop". As some people love to brag they got there clothes from a high street store, whereas I'd rather brag i got the same item cheaper and still had money to buy an extra top, whereas in Topshop you could buy one top in comparison to four tops in Boohoo.





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prom dress, or Cocktail dress

Post Secret.. Whats your secret?

£25 Voucher For River Island... Goodbye Bank Balance